Are you a new or expecting parent who is overwhelmed by the thousands of baby gear and products on the market today? Are you staying up late at night reading through hundreds of reviews on amazon and the Buy Buy baby website to help you narrow down your list of baby products? If you are, then don’t worry! you’re not alone. Many new or expecting parents take on this tedious and cumbersome task, in hopes of finding the best products for their bundle of joy.
As a new mom, I remember feeling overwhelmed by the many pages and categories of baby products and gear. I wasn’t sure what I really needed vs. what I could live without. I knew that I wanted to be prepared for my baby boy but I also didn’t want to overbuy products that would were too expensive and short lived. Some brands were extremely pricey and out of our budget so I had to find the next best thing when it came to quality and functionality. So, after searching high and low and trying different products and brands, I have finally compiled a list of my favorite baby products. I hope you find this guide helpful to you!
Baby Feeding Essentials
- Dr. Brown’s Baby bottles-I have used these products with my baby boy since he was born. They were recommended by so many of our friends and I can see why! They are great in that they help colic babies and most importantly they don’t leak. The only con to these bottles is the many pieces that some find tedious to have to clean.
- Comotomo Bottles- another great option that many daycares suggest because they are fewer pieces and easy to assemble and clean.
- Tommee Tippee Bottles- They are an absolute must for on the go or for those late night feedings! They are sold with Tomme Tippee Milk dispenser which are a life saver; you can pre-measure the milk and store it in the bottle so when the baby is ready to eat, you just pour the milk into the bottle and boom!
- Dr. Brown’s Bottle Sterilizer- This sterilizer has put my mind to ease! I wash the bottles and pacifiers with soap and throw them in the sterilizer. It’s very easy to use; you turn it on, pour in the water, put your bottles in and turn the button and walk away! When it’s done, you’ll see the green light come on.
- Baby bottle Drying Rack- I loved this drying rack because of the colors and functionality. It aesthetically looks great on my kitchen counters and it has various size branches to hold all kinds of bottles and its parts.
- Baby Formula Portable Dispenser- If you use formula with your baby, this is a must have. It’s small in size but deep so it can hold a good amount of formula. I personally use it when I am going out and I know I will be gone all day. It’s easy to use, seals well and it can stand still! I highly recommend it. It’s definitely better than taking an entire container of milk.
- Dapple Baby Bottle Soap- I used to wash the baby’s bottles with HOT water and dish soap but even after a good scrub, my bottles were cloudy and they just didn’t look clean to me, so i decided to give this soap a try based on the thousands of reviews and I am happy to say, it didn’t disappoint! It gets the job done. I love that they come in a 3 pack so I can leave one at my mom’s house! 🙂
Hygiene for Baby
When it comes to basic hygiene, you don’t need a million products or anything fancy. I’ve tried and used the safety 1st brand and I love it! The quality is great and the price point is reasonable. I’ve linked below some hygiene essentials you need for your little one.
As our baby began to grow older and become more aware and awake for longer periods of times, I wasn’t sure what to do with him. I wanted to keep him occupied, alert and learning! So, I of course searched the internet and read through many reviews until I was able to purchase the products below and use them with my boy. The black and white flash cards are great for alertness, eye coordination and language development. I would say the word to the baby as I was showing him the picture. The mini story books were also a hit with baby. He loved looking at the colorful pictures and I personally liked that the stories were short and to the point.
If you have tried other amazing products that are not listed above, please let me know in the comments! I would love to learn from experienced mamas and expand my list.
While you’re here be sure to check out: