Let’s talk party games! Today I have rounded up 35 fun and popular party games that you can enjoy with your family, friends, significant other and children. If you know me, then you know I love nothing more than having friends and family over and gathered around a table playing games, eating delicious snacks and connecting with one another. There is something about playing board games that nostalgically brings back childhood memories. I remember playing Connect 4 with my siblings, Uno with my friends and playing cards with our extended family while we were on vacations. Just recalling these memories warms my heart and draws the biggest smile on my face.
Today, we are so connected to our phones and social media that sometimes when we gather in person we feel bored or lack meaningful or engaging conversations. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Trust me when I tell you that board games can help break the ice! Not only are games fun and competitive, they have the power to lighten the mood, strike conversations, ensue laughter and make sentimental memories that will last a lifetime.
Try whipping out a simple game like Uno next time someone is over and see how fun and engaging the dynamic will be. No one is too old or too young to play! Engage everyone in the family. My 4 and 6 year old nieces learned to play Uno with us and they love it and request to play it every time they are over! We also taught my in-laws to play the game and it’s been a great way to have fun as a family and engage in conversations. I hope you enjoy this amazing list of games. I would love for you to tag me in game night pictures; you can find my instagram page here.
*This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you*
- UNO is a classic game that I am sure you all know and love. I especially love it because you can include 2-10 players of any and all ages. It’s the perfect family game.
2. Dos is as exciting as uno except it invites 2-4 players to challenge each other as individuals or teams
3. Playing Cards is the definition of traditional. There are so many games that you can play with a deck or two of cards such as spades, black jack, Kent, poker and such
4. Skip Bo is the ultimate sequencing game with 2-6 players. The first player to use all the cards in their personal Stockpile wins!
5. Cards Against Humanity has over 100k reviews on amazon, so you already know it’s a good one! It’s on my list to buy and try!
6. What Do You Meme, this is a hilarious, fun gamily game. You get to compete with others in creating the funniest memes!
7. Throw Throw Burrito is a family-friendly game with over than 26k reviews on amazon. The game can be played with 2-6 players. Be sure to clear some space, because there is throwing of burritos involved!
8. Off Topic is a fun board game that gets the brain juices flowin’ and stirs up some hilarious conversations. There is dice, sand timer and challenges involved so you know it’s going to e a fun one!
9. Think ‘N Sync will have you on the edge of your seat. You have to think quickly, think cleverly and sync!
10. Hi Lo Flip is a numbers game with a light strategy and luck. It’s easy to learn and play with family and friends.
11. Code Names is a game where you work together to beat the other team. It’s the perfect party game with 2-8+ players.
12. The Chameleon is a social board game where players must race to catch the chameleon!
13. Secret Hitler is a fast-paced game of deception and betrayal. Hidden roles and secret envelopes for 5 to 10 players.
14. Cover Your Assets a competitive game where the 1st to reach $1M in assets wins!
15. Blank Slate is an addicting game full of predictions. You Pick a Word Cue card, write the word you think best completes the phrase, and try to match it to anther player’s word without giving a single hint.
16. Catan is a strategy game where you can trade, build and settle on the island of Catan.
17. Taboo is a fun paced party game that comes with an electronic buzzer: if a player says a Forbidden word on the card, they’ll get interrupted by the buzzer, and lose a turn.
18. Sequence is similar to bingo where you play a card from your hand, and place a chip on a corresponding space on the game board – when you have five in a row, it’s a SEQUENCE
21. Bananagrams is entertaining and educational; race with your family and friends to build crossword grids.
22.Pandemic is the perfect problem solving game; players must work together to save humanity.
23. Qwixx is a fast family dice game that is simple enough to play but every decision is crucial.
24. Scrawl is all about terrible drawings and ridiculous guessing.
25. Telestrations another great doodling game! it’s perfect for parties, family or friends.
26. Backgammon is one of my personal favorite games. My father in law taught me how to play it and I have been playing it with my husband ever since! It’s a strategy game with the luck of a dice roll!
27. Headbanz is a fun guessing game that comes in adult versions as well as kids versions.
28. Jenga is all about precision; pull out a block without crashing the stack.
29. Scrabble has letter tiles and game guide for a wordy showdown.
30. Dominoes is the perfect family game that is easy and fun for everyone.
31. Left Center Right a fun, fast-paced dice game where players roll the dice to determine where they pass their chips. The last one with chips is the winner!
32. Shoot the Moon is guaranteed to be a hit in your house! Its’ fun, challenging and addicting.
33. KLASK is similar to air hockey! Use your magnetic handle and striker to defend your half, and send the ball flying into your opponent’s goal to score.
34. The Blockbuster Game brings back the golden era of video rentals with a movie game for teenagers and adults alike.
35. Hues and Clues Test your color knowledge and guessing abilities with this game!